Alice Springs Family Law Pathways Network (FLPN) provides information on professional development opportunities and coordinates cross-sector training and events for FLPN Members. Click below to see what’s on.
- This event has passed.
Complex Trauma and High-Risk Behaviour in Youth: A Therapeutic Response
November 20 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Come Hear About:
How to support young people with a history of relational trauma or attachment disruption, particularly those who are engaging in alcohol, drug-use, or self-harming as a tool to self-regulate. This training aims to simplify contemporary research, and through integration with practice wisdom, provide real hands-on strategies for supporting a young person’s recovery and development.
During the workshop, Trent Savill from Complex Care will cover:
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Human response to threat
- The Triune Brain
- Understanding attachment and how attachment templates become disorganised
- Foundations of empathy and self-regulation
- Neurobiology of addiction
- Neuroscience of self-harm
- Building emotional regulation and repairing the brain-stem with the Neuro-Sequential Model of Therapeutics
- Shifting from a framework of compliance to competence
- Mindfulness, breath and other regulating tools
- Facilitating attachment and trust for young people who have experienced abuse and neglect
Trent Savill is a consultant therapist and Director of Complex Care. Complex Care is a Brisbane based counselling and consultancy service that specialise in the provision of therapeutic placement support to children and young people in care with complex support needs.
Trent has been working with complex and high-risk young people in the child protection system since 2004. Trent’s primary role now involves providing consultancy to the Department of Communities and Non-Government sector, therapeutic care for vulnerable children and families and providing training to carers and professionals.