Anglicare – Communities for Children
- Link to Communities for Children website. Includes Weekly Parenting Calendar for playgroups and other activities for children aged 0-5 years and Parenting Support Services with information on a range of support services in Alice Springs.
Lutheran Community Care
Lutheran Community Care provides the following services:
- Families Learning Together. Each term a series of 8 workshops per term are run for parents of children aged 0-4 years, during the Kwatja Etatha Play Group time. These are usually held on a Tuesday. Community Services Workshops are co-presented in partnership with Batchelor Institute and include topics that help develop parenting skills and awareness of child development and supporting healthy children. Offered Term 3 and 4 of 2018.
- Circle of Security is presented by trained play group workers. This is an evidence based parenting training program over 8 sessions. This program helps parents provide their children with emotional support needed to develop secure attachment, resilience and skills for getting ready for school. This will be offered in Term 1 and 2 of 2018 and subject to interest may be extended.
- For any further details please contact Lutheran Community Care on 8953 5160.
Relationships Education Courses offered by Relationships Australia in Semester 1, 2018 in Alice Springs will be updated in January 2018. Alternately, contact Relationships Australia on 8950 4100 or 1800 634 405 or visit Relationships Australia website.
- The first Building Connections seminar for 2018 will be on the 11th January from 11:30-2:30pm (please note further dates for 2018 will be updated on the website in January 2018). This seminar aims to help separated parents have healthy and strong relationships with their children.
Urban Primary Health Child and Family
- Child and Family Health (Flynn Drive) provide a range of courses to parents. The 2018 Calendar of courses will be updated on the website in January 2018.
- Dates for Circle of Security Parenting Program will be updated on the website in January 2018.