Anglicare – Communities for Children
Link to Communities for Children website. Includes Weekly Parenting Calendar for playgroups and other activities for children aged 0-5 years and Parenting Support Services with information on a range of support services in Alice Springs. Communities for Children also produces the Alice Springs Community Services Directory which includes information on a range of services for children and families.
Families and Schools Together (FAST)
Families and Schools Together (FAST) is a family strengthening program that is strongly evidence-based and has an ongoing evaluation process. FAST is free and each program runs for eight weeks. Transport is provided as well as a healthy meal that a participating family helps prepare. Currently there are two FAST programs running in Central Australia:
- Baby FAST. Baby FAST aims to strengthen intergenerational bonds between babies from 0-3 years, their young parents and the grandparents. It also seeks to reduce stress caused by social isolation by connecting families with others and with Community Agencies.
- Kids FAST. Kids FAST aims to strengthen the relationships within a family with young primary school children, with other families, with the school and with Community Agencies. Kids FAST programs are held in the evenings in a school.
FAST Works is an ongoing support group sustained by the parents in the program. For more information on Baby FAST and Kids FAST, please contact Eran Brady via phone on 0447 316 159 or email email@example.com
Lutheran Community Care
Lutheran Community Care provides the following services:
- Kwatja Etatha Playgroup. This playgroup is open for children aged 0-4 years and their families/care givers. It is a relaxed and safe meeting space for play, exploration and education. The playgroup is respectful and inclusive of all cultures. The Kwatja Etatha Playgroup will be run each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00am-12:00pm. Please note this playgroup runs during the school term and the first playgroup will be Tuesday 28th 2020. There is no cost, morning tea is provided and pick up and drop offs are available on request.
- Families Learning Together. This five week program will be run in conjunction with the Kwatja Etatha Playgroup. Topics include hygiene and safety, positive interactions, child development, caring for babies and parent’s health and emotional wellbeing. The dates for this program are Tuesday 4th February, Tuesday 18th February, Tuesday 3rd March, Tuesday 17th March and Tuesday 31st March. There is no cost, morning tea is provided and pick up and drop offs are available on request.
- For further details please contact Lutheran Community Care on 8953 5160.
The following Relationships Education Courses offered by Relationships Australia in Semester 2, 2019.
- The Building Connections seminar is run fortnightly throughout the year. This seminar aims to help separated parents have healthy and strong relationships with their children. For dates and times please contact Relationships Australia.
- The Aboriginal Building Connections seminar is run fortnightly throughout the year. The Aboriginal Building Connections seminar is to help Aboriginal families through separation. This includes having healthy and strong relationships with their children. For dates and times please contact Relationships Australia.
- Bringing Up Great Kids. Would you like to understand why we do what we do as parents and what makes your kids tick? This course will help parents explain and reflect on their parenting style and their children’s behaviour. It provides parents with a greater understanding of how to meet their children’s needs and communicate with their children. This is a three week course. Dates include Monday 1st March, Monday 8th March and Monday 15th March from 9:30am-1:30pm. The cost is $45 per person.
- For further information and registrations for these courses, please contact Relationships Australia on 8950 4100 or visit Relationships Australia website.
Urban Primary Health Child and Family
Child and Family Health (Flynn Drive) provide a range of courses to parents including:
- Families and Babies
This 4 week program is for new parents to learn about child development. Topics include introduction to brain development, baby massage, baby communication, settling and emotional health. The program is being offered 5 times throughout 2020 and is run on Wednesdays from 10:00am-11:30am.
- Fourth Trimester
This is a parenting group for parents with newborn to 3 month old children. Support and discussion with a child health nurse is provided around breastfeeding, sleep & settling, tummy rime, self-care and sharing the joys and challenges of early parenting.This session runs on Mondays (excluding public holidays) from 10am-11:30am.
- To register these courses, please contact Flynn Drive Clinic on 89516 711.