Anglicare – Communities for Children
- Link to Communities for Children website. Includes Weekly Parenting Calendar for playgroups and other activities for children aged 0-5 years and Parenting Support Services with information on a range of support services in Alice Springs.
Families and Schools Together (FAST)
Families and Schools Together (FAST) is a family strengthening program that is strongly evidence-based and has an ongoing evaluation process. FAST is free and each program runs for eight weeks. Transport is provided as well as a healthy meal that a participating family helps prepare. Currently there are two FAST programs running in Central Australia:
- Baby FAST. Baby FAST aims to strengthen intergenerational bonds between babies from 0-3 years, their young parents and the grandparents. It also seeks to reduce stress caused by social isolation by connecting families with others and with Community Agencies. Baby FAST programs are usually held in a Community Centre or Family Centre.
- Kids FAST. Kids FAST aims to strengthen the relationships within a family with young primary school children, with other families, with the school and with Community Agencies. Kids FAST programs are held in the evenings in a school.
FAST Works is an ongoing support group sustained by the parents in the program.
For more information on dates for when Baby FAST and Kids FAST are being run, please contact Maryanne Cameron or Jennelle Preece via phone on 0447 316 159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Lutheran Community Care
Lutheran Community Care provides the following services:
- Families Learning Together. Each term a series of 8 workshops per term are run for parents of children aged 0-4 years, during the Kwatja Etatha Play Group time. These are usually held on a Tuesday. Community Services Workshops are co-presented in partnership with Batchelor Institute and include topics that help develop parenting skills and awareness of child development and supporting healthy children. Offered Term 3 and 4 of 2018.
- Circle of Security is presented by trained play group workers. This is an evidence based parenting training program over 8 sessions. This program helps parents provide their children with emotional support needed to develop secure attachment, resilience and skills for getting ready for school. This will be offered in Term 1 and 2 of 2018 and subject to interest may be extended.
- For any further details please contact Lutheran Community Care on 8953 5160.
The following Relationships Education Courses offered by Relationships Australia in Semester 1, 2018.
- The Building Connections seminar is run fortnightly throughout the year. This seminar aims to help separated parents have healthy and strong relationships with their children. Please see Building Connections flyer for dates.
- Bringing Up Great Kids. Would you like to understand why we do what we do as parents and what makes your kids tick? This course will help parents explain and reflect on their parenting style and their children’s behaviour. It provides parents with a greater understanding of how to meet their children’s needs and communicate with their children. This is a three week course starting Tuesday 13th March to 27th March 2018 from 9:00-1:00pm, cost is $30. For registrations please contact Relationships Australia.
For further information and registrations for these courses, please contact Relationships Australia on 8950 4100 or 1800 634 405 or visit Relationships Australia website.
Urban Primary Health Child and Family
- Child and Family Health (Flynn Drive) provide a range of courses to parents. The Territory Parents Support Program includes a six week program on such topics as sleep and settling, child development, emotional health and water safety. For more information please see flyer.
- Dates for Circle of Security Parenting Program will be updated on the website in January 2018.