Anglicare – Communities for Children
- Link to Communities for Children website. Includes Weekly Parenting Calendar for playgroups and other activities for children aged 0-5 years and Parenting Support Services with information on a range of support services in Alice Springs.
Relationships Education Courses offered by Relationships Australia in Semester 2 2017 Alice Springs include:
- eSafety Workshop Young People and Technology on 30th October 6:00-8:00pm at Bradshaw Primary School and Tuesday 31st October 6:00-8:00pm at Centralian Middle School. An eSafety expert from the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner will be delivering a free workshop on how you can help keep young people safe online. From this workshop, you will learn how young people are using social media and technology, making complaints about child cyberbullying and how the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner can help remove serious cyberbullying material.
- Bringing up Great Kids on 10th August to 14th September 9:30-12:30pm (Larapinta Early Learning Centre), 23rd August to 6th September 9:00-1:00pm (Relationships Australia), 22nd November to 6th December 9:00-1:00pm (Relationships Australia). This course will help parents explain and reflect on their parenting styles and their children’s behaviour. It provides parents with a greater understanding of how to meet their children’s needs and communicate with their children.
- Parenting Adolescents on 15th November 6:30-9:00pm (Relationships Australia), Do you want to know more about how to enjoy the teenage years with your Adolescent? Do you ask yourself: What’s happening in their heads? Why do they act the way they do? How can we build a better relationship with them? Come and be part of some exciting discussions and new learning. This course is for Parents/Carers of Adolescents aged 10-18 years.
- Building Connections in Blended Families on 7th September 11:30-2:30pm and 19th October 11:30-2:30pm (Relationships Australia). Reconnecting with ideas of Self-care, Conflict Management and Impacts on Children through the lens of a new relationship and parenting stepchildren, and all the complexities these circumstances can offer. Topics to be covered include new roles, behaviour management (adult and child) and stormy new family dynamics.
- For more information on any of these course or bookings, please contact Relationships Australia on 8950 4100 or 1800 634 405 or visit Relationships Australia website.
- Brochure – Building Connections Parenting Seminar. This seminar aims to help separated parents have healthy and strong relationships with their children.
Urban Primary Health Child and Family
- Child and Family Health (Flynn Drive) provide a range of courses to parents. This includes Introduction to Solids and Territory Parents Support Program.
- Circle of Security Parenting Program is based on research about how the secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. This is an eight week course commencing the 6th September 2017. Please see flyer for more details.