- This event has passed.
Workshop on Identifying and Responding to Coercive Control
March 17, 2021 @ 8:45 am – 11:30 am
As the debate over the best way to address coercive control gains momentum in Australia, this interactive workshop provides an opportunity to revisit understandings of family and domestic violence and control tactics.
With a focus on identifying and responding to coercive control, attendees will:
– strengthen skills in identifying coercive control and patterns of abuse;
– gain greater insight into managing risk and promoting safety;
– explore the concept of professional collusion;
– enhance understandings of current legal responses to coercive control; and
– canvass the current debate as to whether coercive control should be criminalised
Light refreshments will be provided