- This event has passed.
Mental Health Training: Engaging and Working with People who are Experiencing Mental Health Problems
May 23, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - May 24, 2017 @ 2:00 am$60
Mike Cassidy from the Mental Health Association of Central Australia presents “Mental Health Training: Engaging and Working with People who are Experiencing Mental Health Problems”. This interactive workshop aims to equip participants with knowledge and practical skills in recognising and responding to people with mental health problems. It has been designed for workers from a range of professional backgrounds; including the community service sector, family law and legal practitioners. The workshop will focus on:
- Signs and symptoms of depression. Including those who suffer from more than one mental health problem.
- How to assess risk and respond to someone who is having suicidal thoughts and behaviours.
- Safety planning and referral options for people experiencing mental health problems.
- How to assess and respond to someone who may be experiencing substance abuse problems. This includes when someone is experiencing substance abuse and mental health problems.
- Communication and engagement skills with people experiencing mental health problems.
- Mike Cassidy is the Training and Development Officer for the Mental Health Association of Central Australia. Mike has twenty years of training experience in a number of industries including the community services sector. In the past five years, Mike has focused on mental health and suicide intervention training. To this workshop, Mike brings his professional experience and understanding of the complexity of client needs in Central Australia. Registrations close Monday 15th May, 2017. For further details please see flyer and a registration from, please contact reception at Relationships Australia on 89 504100.