- This event has passed.
FLPN Members Meeting- Supporting Families Through Separation
October 18, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pmFree
When parents separate, there are several options for them to discuss and decide children’s care arrangements, parenting decisions and their children’s wellbeing. This presentation is to help professionals understand the different pathways that are available to families experiencing separation in Alice Springs. It will include information on:
- Overview of key Family Law principles and terms.
- What a private family agreement is.
- Referral and information on the processes for Family Law Conferencing (NT Legal Aid Commission) and Family Dispute Resolution (Relationships Australia).
- Child Inclusive Process (Relationships Australia), involvement of children’s voices in the Family Dispute Resolution.
- Process and what is involved when families go through the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
The presenters for the FLPN Members Meeting will include staff from the Central Australian Women’s Legal Service, Relationships Australia and NT Leal Aid Commission.
Opportunity for brief agency updates following presentation.
(Please note this event is for FLPN members. A light lunch is provided. Please specify any dietary requirements. To attend, please register below by Tuesday 16th October).