- This event has passed.
Domestic Violence in Family Law: One Size Does Not Fit All-Overview, Risk Assessment, Pragmatics
September 19, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$120
Dr Robert Simon is an internationally distinguished forensic psychologist, based in San Diego, CA and Maui HI. His area of expertise and focus is forensic family psychology, divorce, family conflict and child custody disputes.
This workshop will discuss the issue of domestic violence, in the context of families who are experiencing separation. This includes:
- The impact of domestic violence on children, especially on child development and neuropsychological development.
- Contemporary notions of the various types of intimate partner violence will be presented along with concepts for how to respond in the context of separation.
- Screening and risk assessments tools for domestic violence post separation; with a focus on the risk of child abduction and homicide.
- Appropriateness for various care and parenting arrangements for children in separated families when there has been domestic violence.
- Use of judicial interventions such as Domestic Violence Orders, Parenting Orders, supervised access and treatment.
- There will be plenty of opportunity for interaction with the speaker so be sure to bring your questions and be ready to learn, debate and discuss.
This workshop is for professionals in the legal and community service sectors who are working with families whom are separating or have separated and experienced domestic violence.
For registrations details, please see attached flyer.