NPY Women’s Council Domestic Violence Service
Services include case management, advocacy and support for women from Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (NPY) Lands experiencing domestic and family violence and community awareness workshops.
This includes trauma informed, holistic case management:
- Providing a crisis response for women experiencing and at risk of domestic and family violence
- Supported referrals and advocacy
- Long term safety planning
- Emotional and social support
- Court support and legal advocacy
The service works collaboratively with other NPY Women’s Council Services to facilitate violence prevention community programs, grounded in the principles of community development. This includes:
- Facilitating women’s bush camps and ‘bush picnics’ to build relationships and to discuss how domestic violence impacts their lives
- Working with senior men from the NPY region to develop an understanding of the psychology behind dynamics of domestic violence
- Working with service providers in NPY Communities to facilitate a culture of understanding about the dynamics of domestic violence and to provide education about supporting women experiencing domestic violence.