Central Australian Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS)
Central Australian Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) is a non profit organisation providing free and confidential legal assistance to women in Central Australia and the Barkly Region.
- Legal assistance, advocacy, advice and referral; and
- Community legal education.
We can help with legal issues including:
- Domestic and family violence;
- Family law issues including children, property, maintenance and child support;
- Crime victims assistance applications, motor vehicle accident claims and workplace claims;
- Child protection;
- Sexual assault;
- Employment Law;
- Housing & tenancy; and
- Credit & debt matters
How to get help from CAWLS:
- We are available to assist with domestic and family violence issues at any time during our opening hours with no appointment necessary.
- Appointments for free legal advice on other issues can be made by contacting the CAWLS office with clinics being offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Legal advice can also be provided over the phone with our free call number 1800 684 055 for clients in the Central and Barkly Regions as well as from our outreach locations including:
- Tenant Creek
- Alice Springs Town Camps
- Ti Tree, Santa Teresa and Ali Curung
- Various Health Services for domestic and family violence matters